Monday, August 23, 2010

Our team members (pics and info)

UNDER 8


Andrea Botez


List your favorites:


Food: Mac and cheese
Drink: Hot Chocolate
Activities: art, chess, webkinz, air-hockey, piano
Color: red
Person: God
Sport: badminton, basketball, jumping rope, swimming under water
1. Movie: Ella Enchanted
Cartoon characters: Tom and Jerry, Sponge Bob


What you like about chess: I like attacking!




UNDER 10






UNDER 12





Melissa Giblon
• Melissa is 11 years old. She became CYCC champion in 2009 (Girls Under 10) in Victoria. At the 2010 CYCC in Windsor, in her junior year in Girls Under 12, Melissa finished in 3rd place overall, and in 1st place for the new category Girls Under 11. Melissa got a draw this year against FM Hans Jung in a blindfold simul. This will be Melissa’s third WYCC. Outside of chess, Melissa is going into Grade 6 in the gifted program – she loves reading books, eating croutons and Chinese food, the colour sky blue, going to camp, and singing




Guannan Terry Song

"I just turned 12 years old. I’ve gotten seventh in the NAYCC U12 in Montreal 2010, just one month after the 2010 CYCC in Windsor and I’ve gotten fourth in the CYCC U10 in 2008 in Quebec City. In the 2010 CYCC in Windsor, I had gotten 5.5 points out of 7points, and I had tied for first with Richard Wang, Michael Song and Edward Song. I played a simul against Mark Bluvshtein the night before the final round and I had an almost equal endgame with bishops of opposite colours before I blundered a couple of pawns. This is going to be my first time going to WYCC. I’m going into Grade 7 and I like playing violin, reading, swimming, playing tennis, eating pizza and chicken wings, the colour orange and playing video games."

 









UNDER 14









Rebecca Giblon


• Rebecca is almost 13 years old. She became CYCC champion in 2007 (Girls Under 10) in Ottawa, and in 2009 (Girls Under 12) in Victoria. At the 2010 CYCC in Windsor, in her junior year in Girls Under 14, Rebecca went into the final round alone in first place, after defeating the #1 and #2 girls, and she ended up tied for 2nd place overall, and in 1st place for the new category Girls Under 13. Rebecca was up the exchange against GM Mark Bluvshtein in a simul last year (until he later trapped her rook ). This will be Rebecca’s third WYCC – in 2009 in Turkey, Rebecca got 1 ½ points out of 2 against top Russian girls including one WCM, and earned her first FIDE rating. Outside of chess, Rebecca is going into Grade 8 in the gifted program – she loves reading books, eating pizza and pasta, the colour pink, emailing her friends, and using her iTouch.





UNDER 16

Roman Sapozhnikov
I am 16 years old, Ive been playing chess since I was 9.  Some accomplishments are first at the cycc u16 2010 and first at the 2009 candian amateur.  I like sports such as tennis, swimming and hockey.








Alexandra Botez
"I'm fifteen years old, and I've been playing chess since I was six. I've been to three WYCCs so far, including in 2009 where I got 6.5/11. Hopefully this year I will do better! Other then chess, I really like photography, theater, traveling, sports, and Canadians :) "












 UNDER 18

No comments:

Post a Comment